State fire investigators now know what sparked last night’s fire in Levant.They tell us an electrical malfunction is to blame.The fire broke out in a barn on West Stetson Road, then spread to the house.The homeowners and their pets were able to escape the house before it went up in flames.When crews pulled up, they saw fire shooting from the barn.
City councilors in Auburn have voted to remove City Manager Glenn Aho from his post.The 5-1 vote on Monday came after months of conflict between some members of the council and Aho, who was on the job for about three-and-a-half years after previously serving as town manager in Lincoln.The council plans to meet in emergency session on Tuesday to name an interim manager.Aho is not ruling out the possibility of returning to City Hall if the makeup of the council changes after the Nov.
Maine’s largest state workers’ union is asking Governor Paul LePage’s administration not to subcontract work normally done by bargaining units.The Maine State Employees Association’s request Monday came amid negotiations for a new agreement with the union, which represents about 15,000 workers.
Fire destroyed a burn in Augusta Monday afternoon.Fire fighters were called to the Leighton Road around 4 p.m.Authorities believe the blaze may have started from a spark…we’re told wires were being burned in a barrel.No one was injured.Flames did spread to another barn, but fire fighters managed to contain it.
The folks over at Anglers are also taking part in the 6th annual Celebrity Dessert & Auction, they stopped by our studio to show off their dessert entry: Pumpkin Bread Pudding.The Auction is put on annually to benefit Hospice of Eastern Maine, and Pathfinders.The event will take place on Friday, October 21st, and will be taking place at Rangeley Hall on the Eastern Maine Community College campus.Dessert and Silent Auction will begin at 5:45 p.m.
What started out as a barn fire in Levant quickly spread to an attached home.Several fire crews responded to the blaze on West Stetson Road.The homeowners and their pets were able to escape the house before it went up on flames.When crews pulled up, they say fire was shooting from the barn and quickly spread to the home, which was attached to the barn by a porch.Both the barn and home are reported to be a total loss.Neighbors believe the homeowners have insurance..The Fire Marshal will be out Tuesday morning to investigate.
A spooky sighting at Fort Knox just in time for Halloween.This photo was snapped by the East Coast Ghost Trackers at the Fort last week.If you look closely, you might be able to make out what some say is a cloaked man to the left and four other ghost-like figures to the right.No worries though, East Coast Ghost Trackers say all the other worldly individuals they’ve come across at the Fort seem to be friendly.East Coast Ghost Trackers will be showing the pilot of their show about their experiences with the paranormal world.It’s only the second time the public has had the chance to watch it.You can catch that Friday October 28th at the Alamo Theater in Bucksport.Doors open up at 6:30 P.M.
Bangor recently recognized the Great Fire of 1911.But Sunday marked the anniversary of another tragic fire in downtown Bangor.As Joy Hollowell reports, a cemetery service will be held this Friday for one of the victims, 110 years after she was killed.===Renee Perron gets a kick out of researching her family history on line.