A man from Sabattus was hurt Saturday night during a private fireworks show.Police say 34 year old Jason Douglass was attending a birthday party in Richmond.They say a fireworks shell on a cake malfunctioned and, as Douglass was trying to dry off the cake of fireworks, it exploded, leaving a large cut on his forehead and injuring his eye.He was taken to a Brunswick hospital, was treated and released.
The grandfather of a man convicted of killing three other men during a botched robbery five years ago at a New Hampshire Army surplus store is facing a lawsuit by one victim’s mother.The lawsuit alleges that Lawrence Secord should have taken extra precautions to secure his gun after his grandson was released from prison two months before the robbery in Conway, N.H.
In today’s Senior Watch Tennie Shardlow from Maine Emergency Management Agency is here and to talk about being prepared in an emergency.For more information log on to:Contact: Eastern Area Agency on Aging:450 Essex St., Bangor, MEHours: M-F 8:00 – 4:30Toll-free: (800) 432-7812www.EAAA.org
The city of Bangor is gearing up for what organizers are calling their biggest Fourth of July celebration to date.Members of the Bangor Fourth of July Corporation have been working tirelessly since last year to add more activities and events for people to enjoy this Wednesday.The group’s president, Tony Bernatche, said he thinks everything from the annual parade to the fireworks show will make the city’s festivities the best in the state.”We felt we needed to step it up a lot, and over the last four years we have really done that.
The man accused of attempting to rob a bank in Manchester is being held on ten-thousand dollars bail.State police say 28-year-old Glen Harrington of Fairfield was wearing a black mask in the Bank of Maine parking lot.Trooper Dane Wing reportedly confronted him, but Harrington took off in an SUV to Wintrhop as Wing followed.Authorities say Harrington hit a tow truck, bounced off and hit another vehicle.
A late night joyride in a cab ended with a trip to the hospital, and a number of charges for a Bangor man.A little before 1, Monday morning (July 2nd, 2012) reports of an accident on State Street in Bangor.The car reportedly was driving down Main Street with no headlights and the driver hanging halfway in and outside a cab.The cab crashed and then backed up and hit the guardrail on the bridge over Kenduskeag Stream.When Officers arrived on the scene, the driver was gone and just a sneaker and bloody sock remained.Police were told by witnesses the driver was picked up by another cab.One woman told the officer it was her cab and it was stolen while she was in a downtown bar picking up someone who called for a ride.59 year old Lawrence Stinson of Bangor was found at his home, and taken to the police station, once there he was given an intoxilyzer test, and then summonsed for OUI, Leaving the Scene of an Accident, and Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle.Stinson was taken to the emergency room to be treated for injuries from the accident.He is currently employed by a local taxi company.
A Hermon man at the center of an officer involved shooting Sunday night died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.That’s according to the Attorney General’s office.A spokeswoman tells TV-5 that 24 year old Michael McKay was shot in the leg during an armed confrontation with the State Police Tactical team.However, an autopsy by the Medical Examiner’s office shows that was not a fatal wound.According to the A-G’s office, McKay threatened people in Kenduskeag Sunday afternoon.
A Madawaska man is hospitalized after allegedy falling off a truck.Maine State police say 24 year old, Randy Willard, was lying in the road way after they believe he fell off a pick up truck.Willard was transported to eastern maine medical center with a serious head injury.
Camp Beech Cliff is a place that never seems to get old with families in Mount Desert.”Doing all kinds of things, things you don’t get to do at other summer camps, really,” said Kristin Mckee, whose son, Connor, will be heading to the camp on Echo Lake for the first time this summer.It was built more than half a century ago to serve as an all boys sleepaway camp, but today you’d never be able to tell its age thanks to a group of anonymous donors who decided to give it a multimillion dollar update.”The camp was old and falling apart,” said executive director, Debra Deal.With new landscaping and buildings, the camp drew a long line of families out for its open house Sunday afternoon.”It’s just a wonderful gift to this whole community,” said Deal.For campers like 10-year old Kaitlyn Tracy, it’s a chance to try out a variety of summer activities she wouldn’t otherwise get to do.