The body of a West Forks woman who had been missing since Sunday has been found.Maine Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland says the body of 52-year-old Donna Gail Bulmer was found by a trained tracker dog on Thursday afternoon.He says the body was found on a snowmobile trail, a short distance from her home.Officials say there is no indication of foul play.Bulmer’s body was taken to the State Medical Examiner’s Office.McCausland says the cause of death is unknown at this time.
A Texas woman is expected to plead guilty Friday morning, to murdering her 6-year old son and leaving his body in Maine.42-year-old Julianne McCrery is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Camden Hughes.His body was found along a dirt road in South Berwick in May.A Medical Examiner said Camden died of asphyxiation.Sentencing for McCrery is scheduled for January.
A man from Rome wanted for a reported assault is behind bars.28-year-old Ronald Willey is accused of strangling his girlfriend with a shoelace and threatening her 13-year-old daughter with a knife.The woman and her daughter are okay.Deputies say the alleged assault happened on Sunday.Willey was on the run until Thursday afternoon, when authorities took him into custody.We’re told he has an extensive criminal history dating back to 2006, including arrests for assault.
Two Ellsworth High School students are facing drug charges after a sting at the school.18-year-old Travis Davis of Ellsworth is charged with aggravated drug trafficking.Police say he sold painkillers to 53-year-old Frank Trundy, a custodian at the school.Police tell us a 17-year-old male student is also facing drug charges.Trundy was arrested at the school two weeks ago.
A paper maker is suing the publisher of three major newspapers in Maine.McGrann Paper of Charlotte, North Carolina says Maine Today Media Incorporated owes it more than $124,000 for more than 300,000 pounds of specialty paper used in print ads.
The Cota family has received support from the people of orrington and surrounding communities including Kiss Radio team, Mike and Mike.The Mikes posted Maggie’s story on their Facebook page and offered a reward of 100-dollars for information leading to the discovery of the person responsible.They say within minutes, they got more than forty comments.People added money to the reward pot, building it up to 3-hundred dollars.”Our hearts are with the Cota family.
In just a few days, Mainers will head to the polls to decide on whether racinos will be built in Biddeford and Washington County.Thursday, the company behind the project in southern Maine spoke out against their opponents.Ocean Properties says there is misinformation in their opponent’s advertising.The company says officials behind the Oxford County Casino project have been making false accusations that the Biddeford racino would take millons from the state’s school system.Mark Walsh, Vice President of Ocean Properties, says voting in favor of the project does not mean five casinos for Maine.”There are TV ads running that state, do we need three more casinos.
Every day hundreds of calls come through the Penobscot Regional Dispatch Center.”Whenever the phone rings you always get a little bit of a rush,” said dispatcher, Timothy Hall.Most days less than a quarter of them are 911 emergencies.”You never know what you’re going to get when you answer that,” said Hall.As chance would have it, the call Hall took on June 2 was for a little girl with little chance of surviving.”We estimated a statistic this morning that about 1 in 20 for a survival rate on a call like that,” said Hall.It came from a family in Winn, where a two year old girl had fallen down a well.”When I picked up the phone I heard the scream, I heard the excitement, I didn’t know what was going on, very quickly I learned that I had a very serious situation in my hands.”The girl was unconscious and not breathing.Hall talked them through CPR.”We could hear the child start breathing, gasping for air then it was kind of a relief that it was going to go good,” said Hall.Once medical crews arrived, Hall’s job was over and it was on to the next call.He hadn’t really thought about the case until he heard he was nominated for Emergency Medical Dispatcher of the Year.”I was shocked I was very taken aback I wasn’t expecting it at all.”Hall won the award and will receive it later this month.”I appreciate the recognition because the dispatchers a lot of time are the unsung heroes.
Presque Isle Police say one of two people accused of robbing a man at knife point has turned herself in.29-year-old Nicholette Martin is charged with robbery, theft and criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon.Police are still looking for 24-year-old John Perkins, who’s facing the same charges.