WATCH LIVE

UPDATE: Officials at Baileyville Mill Say Workers Exposed to Chlorine Dioxide 

Several workers from the Baileyville mill were taken to the hospital today.

According to mill officials, sixteen contractors and two employees of Woodland Pulp were exposed to chlorine dioxide.

They say the gas was released briefly because of a lack of ventilation of equipment.

A statement from Calais Regional Hospital noted that an emergency response plan was in place to deal with a mass chemical exposure.

All of the workers that were treated are said to be stable.

We’re told the situation was taken care of quickly and work was safely resumed.