Mary Lavanway from Hannaford shares are healthy recipe with TV5 viewers.
1/2 cup Sabra® Hummus of choice –
suggest Olive Tapenade, Roasted Pine Nut, or Sun Dried Tomato
1/2 lb. cooked chicken, diced or shredded
Fresh Express® Spinach & Arugula Mix or Kale Mix
16 grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup tzatziki (recipe below)
1/4 cup Cabot® Light Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
4 whole wheat pita pockets
1. Prepare tzatziki and refrigerate for 1 hour prior to use.
2. Slice pita pockets in half, and pull sides apart to create a pocket. Spread 1 tablespoon of hummus in each half.
3. Fill pita halves with a handful of greens and 4 sliced tomatoes.
4. Mix chicken with tzatziki. Divide chicken-tzatziki mixture evenly between all pita halves.
5. Top with shredded cheese.
6. Wrap in plastic wrap until ready to eat!
3/4 cup Dannon® Oikos® Triple Zero yogurt
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 English cucumber, seeds removed, grated
1/4 tsp. McCormick® Garlic Powder
2 tsp. McCormick® Dill
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Pinch McCormick® Salt and Pepper
Mix all ingredients together well and refrigerate.
Amount per serving: Calories 384; Total Fat 12 g; Saturated Fat 3 g; Carbohydrate 38 g; Fiber 6 g; Sugar 5 g;
Protein 33 g; Sodium 690 mg