Sue Burgess from Penquis Child Development stopped by the TV5 studios to talk about their program.
1. Penquis Child Development Early Head Start, Head Start and Pre-K programs provide comprehensive services to children and families. In addition to early education services our programs provide children and their families with health, nutrition, social and other services. Family engagement is an important part of our programs as view families as the child’s first and most important teachers. Enrollment in EHS and HS programs is based on income eligibility but we also have a number of slots for families who are over-income.
2. All teachers in our classrooms have either an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Educations and all classrooms follow an evidence based curriculum.
3. We have openings in our EHS classrooms, in our Head Start classroom and in the Pre-K programs we partner with public schools to provide to all families.
4. We will be having an Open House at our newly re-opened Old Town EHS/HS Childcare Center on Thursday, August 25th from 5:30 to 7:30
5. Please contact Penquis Child Development at 973-3567 or 1-800-215-4942 for more information on all our programs.