– Part of Penquis’ mission is to make sure families and individuals have access to reliable transportation
– Volunteers are the reason that we can offer these services, without them, we wouldn’t be able to provide transportation for thousands of individuals each year.
– Volunteers are kept busy, and get a chance to help thousands of their fellow community members get to important, and sometimes life-saving appointments
– Customers can rely on being transported by safe and dependable volunteers
– It’s a great way to meet lots of new people, and we have a great team of other volunteers here, as well as a very supportive staff
– Volunteers are donating their time and vehicles, but they receive mileage reimbursement
– We help folks get all over the state, serve folks from Penobscot and Piscataquis counties
– Volunteer driving is great long-term opportunity for folks who are looking to be busy a few days a week for longer shifts
– Flexible schedule
– We do plenty of training so that drivers are prepared
– We have 90-100 volunteers go out each day, completing about 1200-1300 trips
– We currently have over 150 volunteers, who work 7 days a week, including on holidays. Transportation was cancelled for today, but we still had drivers taking customers to dialysis appointments.
– We are always looking for more help, prospective volunteers can call and have an application sent to them, or they can stop by the office and talk with us