‘Owners Did the Right Thing’ in Greenfield Fire

Adrienne DiPiazza

Updated 4 weeks ago

Some people in Greenfield came home to find smoke fill their house Monday afternoon.

Fire officials say it appears a fire started in the laundry room behind the dryer.

When the owners saw the smoke they took their pets, closed the doors and got out of the residence.

The damage is minimal , contained to the laundry room and one bedroom.

“When the homeowners discovered the fire they were able to get a couple of dogs out and they did exactly the right thing and close the doors kept the fire contained you know slowed it down and gave us a fighting chance,” says Chris Matson, Milford Fire Chief.

The fire marshal is investigating.


MENU