Renae Muscatell from Penquis talks about the Annual Backpack Drive and need for additional business sponsors and backpack donations.
· The average cost per child for school supplies only is $96.
· Backpack is one of the more expensive school supply items.
· Will serve approximately 1,200 kids!
Penquis program: “We’ve Got Your Back”
· Eases some of the financial burden on families
· One less thing a parent has to worry about
· Helps a child feel prepared and ready for school
· Let’s children know that the community cares and their education is important
Ways to help:
· Become a Business Sponsor -
· Hold a backpack or school supply drive at your place of employment
· Donate online (www.penquis.org)
· Donate in the cash boxes at various Dunkin Donuts
· Drop off a backpack at Penquis or during one of the live radio broadcasts. Hogan Rd. this Thursday
· Darling Ice Cream Truck downtown Bangor – August 11th All donations go to the backpack program
· Volunteer to help shop, sort, and distribute backpacks.
Penquis will be distributing backpacks to families August 18th. All donations needed by August 15th!
For more information: