Dietician Mary Lavanway shares some fun foods for a camp activities.
2-3 tablespoons peanut butter or other nut butter
10-15 chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut or 2 tablespoons Kashi® Go Lean Crunch Cereal
1. Cut off the top of the apple to use as a hat.
2. Core the apple (remove seeds and core).
3. Mix the peanut butter, chocolate chips, coconut and raisins together.
4. Fill the apple with this mixture.
5. Put the top back on.
6. Eat it now or save for later. This makes a great camp project.
Source: Adapted from Hannaford Kids in the Kitchen
Banana in a Blanket
1 (6 inch) whole wheat tortilla
1 tablespoon peanut butter or other nut butter
1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
1 medium Chiquita® banana
1 tablespoon Kashi® Go Lean Crunch Cereal
1. Lay tortilla on a plate. Spread peanut butter or nut butter on tortilla evenly.
2. Sprinkle the cereal over the peanut butter.
3. Peel banana and place on the tortilla.
4. Roll the tortilla.
5. Drizzle maple syrup or honey on top.
6. Optional: Garnish with more cereal on top.
Amount Per Serving: 303 Calories, 6.4g Total Fat, 1.2g Saturated Fat, 306mg Sodium, 63g Carbohydrates,
0mg Cholesterol, 7g Dietary Fiber, 9g Protein