Dietitian Mary Lavanway was in for this week’s Wellness Wednesday, making simple and healthy summer desserts.
The Chocolate Covered Strawberry Ice Cream recipe is below, and the Independence Clafouti recipe can be found at the following link, click here for recipe
Chocolate-covered Strawberry Soft-serve Ice Cream
Ice Cream Ingredients:
1 Chiquita® banana, peeled and sliced
2 cups frozen strawberries
1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Kashi® Go Lean Crunch cereal
Dark chocolate chips
Slivered almonds or chopped walnuts
Sliced bananas or fruit
1. Put all ice cream ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Scoop into bowls, and top with any healthy toppings of your choice, such as
Kashi® Go Lean Crunch and dark chocolate chips.
1. Want thicker ice cream? Add a scoop of nut butter or an extra banana.
2. Want these flavors in a drinkable smoothie? Add more almond milk to thin it out!
3. Skip the chocolate chips and have it as a healthy cool-down summer breakfast!
Nutritional Information (ice cream only)
Amount Per Serving: 142 Calories, 1 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 36 g Total Carbohydrate, 18 g Sugar,
7 g Dietary Fiber, 2 g Protein, 28 mg Sodium