Fire Guts Belfast Grocery Store; Possibly Started in Kitchen

Catherine Pegram

Updated 2 weeks ago

 

Investigators say a fire that raced through a grocery store in Belfast appears to have started in the kitchen.

The fire at the Goose River Grocery on Swan Lake Avenue was discovered Tuesday night by a firefighter who was driving by.

Crews managed to put it out quickly but the inside of the building was gutted.

An investigator with the Fire Marshal’s Office says they’re trying to figure out if an electrical problem sparked the fire.

The store was taken over by new owners in April.

NEWS-FIRE-300x168
MENU