Crews were called out to a fire in Hudson Wednesday morning.
The initial call was for people trapped in a vehicle, but when they got there, they found a man and his brother-in-law had been working on a pick-up.
The driver works the night shift and had been trying to fix a fuel line.
That line leaked some fuel on a drop light which sparked the fire.
“He was under the vehicle working on it at the time,” said Hudson Fire Chief Mike Simmons. “Once the fire erupted, he crawled from underneath the vehicle. He did sustain some burns.”
Crews were able to put out the fire, which damaged the pick-up and a vehicle parked next to it.
The man did not go to the hospital for treatment.
No names were released.