Rockport Fire Lieutenant Fights Fire at His House

Joy Hollowell

Updated 2 months ago

A lieutenant for the Rockport Fire Department found out first hand why smoke detectors save lives.

Greg Rollins and his wife were sleeping when fire broke out in their home on Rollins Lane just after midnight Thursday morning.

The couple heard the alarms go off and escaped.

Lt. Rollins then headed to the station a few driveways down, grabbed a truck and started battling the flames.

Crews arrived shortly afterwards.

It’s believed the fire started in an electrical box on the porch.

Rockport’s fire chief tells us there’s a lot of damage to the front area of the home.

He adds the different layers in the ceiling of the porch made it difficult to fire the fire.

Crews from Rockport, Rockland, Warren and Hope were on scene.

They cleared a few hours later.

 

 


MENU