Eastbrook Woman Hospitalized after Fire in Home 

An Eastbrook woman is in critical condition after her home caught fire around 6 p.m. Tuesday evening.

Nancy Rogers was taken by Life Flight to Eastern Maine Medical Center where she is being evaluated.

Eastbrook Fire Chief James Edgerly says she suffered smoke inhalation.

He says the fire likely spread from the kitchen but is unsure of the cause.

There were no other people in the home at the time.

“The owner kept going in and out and she should have stayed out of the building.  She got smoke inhalation,” says Chief Edgerly.  “She lost three of her pets that were inside.”

Fire Marshals are investigating.

According to Edgerly, Rogers was a bus driver for RSU 24.  He says the blaze was knocked down after 15 to 20 minutes.