A farmhouse fire in Limington has claimed the life of a woman who lived there.
The fire was discovered about 5:30 a.m. Monday on North Road.
Authorities have identified the woman as 52-year-old Ingeborg Young. The State Medical Examiner says she died of smoke inhalation.
Investigators say the fire started in the living room. Young’s body was found at the front door and they say it appears she was trying to escape.
The fire was first noticed by a passerby. The woman’s husband was at work at the time.
Investigators say it doesn’t appear as if the smoke detectors in the house were working. We’re told the battery was recently taken out of one that had started beeping.
This is the fifth fire death of the year.