Fire Chief: Chimney to Blame for Cherryfield House Fire

Catherine Pegram

Updated 11 months ago

It looks like a poorly installed chimney is to blame for a house fire in Cherryfield.

Crews were called to the two-story house on School Street about 8:30 p.m. Sunday.

By the time they arrived the fire was already blowing out of the back windows of the second floor.

Chief Charles Curtis say the man who was living in the house called for help and made it out safely.

Curtis says the fire started in the kitchen, around the chimney of a woodstove.

He says it appears the chimney was not installed properly.

NEWS HOUSE FIRE
  • Matt

    How many departments responded?

MENU