Whitefield Man Suffering From CO Poisoning Dies

Updated 8 months ago

WHITEFIELD, Maine (AP) — Friends and family say the 84-year-old Whitefield man brought to the hospital on Christmas Day suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning has died.

Mervyn Parmenter died at a VA hospital on Saturday, according to his brother.

Roydon Parmenter tells the Kennebec Journal, that his brother, a U.S. Marine Corps veteran, had a history of kidney issues and died of kidney failure exacerbated by the carbon monoxide poisoning. His kidneys couldn’t recover from the oxygen deprivation.

Mervyn Parmenter and his wife, Madeline, were hospitalized with gas poisoning likely caused by generator use during a widespread power outage. Madeline Parmenter has returned home.

Neighbors say the couple had just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary.

 


MENU