Elliotsville Township Couple Killed in House Fire

Updated 8 months ago

 

The State Fire Marshal’s Office says an elderly couple, both in their late 70′s, from Elliotsville Township near Greenville, died early Saturday morning when fire destroyed thier home.

The bodies of the man and woman were found in the rubble of the one story home.

Officials say they were found in or near the living room and it appears they were trying to escape.

They say the fire was reported by a neighbor just after 1am and that the house was fully engulfed with flames when crews got there.

Fire Marshal Investigators say the fire started in the dining room where the wood stove was located but the cause cannot be determined because of the extent of the damage.

Their names are being withheld until relatives are located.

 

 

 


MENU