Fire Destroys Cottage in Northport 

Downed tree branches hampered fire fighters’ efforts in Northport Tuesday morning.

Crews were called to Shore Road just before 3 a.m.

The couple living in the cottage told authorities the fire started around the wood stove.

The man tried putting it out but was unable. He was taken to the hospital to be checked out for smoke inhalation.

When fire fighters arrived, the house was full of flames.

Northport’s fire chief tells TV5 that trucks had a hard time getting to the scene because of tree limbs in the road.

A metal roof on the cottage also made efforts difficult because it doesn’t ventilate.

Fire fighters from Belfast and Lincolnville were also on scene.

We’re told the couple living there is staying with relatives for the holiday.