Generators have been hard at work the past few days.
Emergency responders want to remind you to use them safely.
When the power goes out, and generators go on, remember the dangers of carbon monoxide.
“But the best thing with a generator is, you know, keep it away from your house. The longer your extension cord, the better. Don’t leave your garage door open so you can check on it and keep it right outside the garage door. Keep it around the corner. Don’t let the fumes blow back in the home,” says Ellsworth Deputy Fire Chief
Officials say if you do notice symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, nausea, dizziness, and headaches, for example, call 9-1-1 immediately.