Fund Set Up For Knox Man Who Lost Everything In Fire

Updated 1 year ago

Fire destroyed a home in Knox today. It broke out just before 9:00 a.m. at a home on the Aborn Hill Road.

Dwight Montgomery, who lived in the home said he smelled smoke so he grabbed his cat, ran out and called the fire department.

When fire crews arrived they thought they had the fire contained, but it quickly spread out of control.

“They thought at first they they had the fire knocked down. But it had gotten up into the attic and then they didn’t realize it until it started breaking out through the eaves. So by the time they got everyone here, basically it was a total loss,” said Dale Rowley from Waldo County Emergency. “They’re having problems getting water supply. Trying to break through ice in various locations.”

Nine volunteer fire departments from all across Waldo County responded to help fight the fire.

No word yet on what caused it.

A fund has been set up to help Montgomery who lost everything in the blaze.

Donations can be sent to:

Dwight Montgomery Fire Recovery Fund
Bangor Savings Bank
P.O. Box 670
Unity, Maine 04988


MENU