Fire Crews Quickly Respond to Veazie Fire 

A fire at a mobile home sent one man to the hospital Saturday morning.

The blaze started on Chase Road in Veazie.

One man was home at the time. Firefighters found him on the floor in the bedroom.

He was taken to a local hospital, but his condition is unknown at this time.

Veazie Fire Captain Pete Metcalf said, “We were on scene within three to five minutes and fire was quickly was knocked down shortly after arriving.”

“It’s not something you want to see everyday, but just to see them get here that fast, to get inside, know that he was in there. They put it out, they brought him out, he’s alive.” said Amy Armstrong, a neighbor.

The Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating the blaze.