Canadian Teen Could Face More Charges In Chase

Updated 10 months ago

FARMINGTON, Maine (AP) — A prosecutor says a 16-year-old Canadian boy is expected to face additional charges after crossing the U.S. border earlier this month and leading Maine police on a high-speed chase in three stolen vehicles.

The boy, who is from Ontario, appeared on Wednesday in Franklin County Court. He already faces three class C felonies in connection with the Oct. 14 incident.

Police said the teen and a 13-year-old girl led authorities on a roughly 20-mile chase after speeding through a Quebec border crossing. They were eventually arrested in Kingsfield after abandoning a stolen pickup and jumping into a river.

Franklin County District Attorney Josh Robbins says any additional charges will be filed before the boy’s next scheduled court appearance Nov. 15.

The teen’s lawyer, Christopher Berryment, wants the boy returned home to Canada for rehabilitation.


MENU