A teen has been charged with arson after Bangor High School had to be evacuated Thursday while crews responded to a reported fire.
Police say the flames came from a rubber trash can inside the first floor girls’ bathroom.
Firefighters say they found that papers in the can that had burned and the bottom of the can was smoldering.
Students were returned to class after the fire was put out.
Nobody was hurt.
Friday morning, police charged a 14 year old girl with starting that fire.
Her name is not being released and the case will proceed through the juvenile justice system.