Fan Blamed In Maine Fire That Left 1 Man Dead

Updated 11 months ago

MANCHESTER, Maine (AP) — Authorities believe a malfunctioned fan ignited curtains in a Manchester home, setting off a fire that left one man dead.

Fire investigators say the man’s body found in a second-floor bedroom was taken to the state Medical Examiner’s Office for positive identification. However, they believe it was 57-year-old Samuel Spinicci, who lived at the house.

The blaze was reported at 6:16 a.m. Saturday.

Authorities say Spinicci lived there with his mother, who was not injured and not believed to have been in the house when the fire started. They say the two operated Kennebec Taxi, housed in a recreational vehicle parked next to the house.

The fire did not damage the RV.


MENU