Flatbread Pizza: Dill, smoked salmon & lemon-yogurt sauce
Hannaford dietician Mary Lavanway shares some ideas for pizza using: Flatbread with Dill, smoked salmon, and lemon-yogurt sauce.
Flatbread with Dill, Smoked Salmon, and Lemon-Yogurt Sauce
Active Time:25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
1 (20 oz) Hannaford Multigrain or Wheat Pizza Dough Ball
1 bunch fresh dill
1 ½ Tbsp. capers
2 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup (2oz) reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temp
1 cup Dannon nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1 lemon-Yogurt1/4 small red onion
1 (4oz) pkg. Smoked salmon
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet or round pizza pan with vegetable cooking spray. Ideally, let the dough come to room temperature, about 20 minutes, before stretching it. Stretch dough to cover most of the space of the baking pan.
- Rinse dill and pat dry with a paper towel. Coarsely chop enough to yield ½ cup (about ½ to ¾ of the bunch); reserve remainder for another use. Press dill and capers into dough, covering as much dough as possible. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake flatbread until just brown on the top, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- While flatbread bakes, in a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Grate zest from lemon into bowl, then squeeze the juice and add 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (reserve any remaining juice for another use). Stir well to blend. Slice onion very thinly. Cut the smoked salmon into several pieces.
- When flatbread is ready, spread lemon-yogurt sauce over it. Top with onion slices and smoked salmon. Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
Approximate Nutritional Values Per Serving:
480 calories,60 gms of carbohydrates, 34 gms protein, 8 gms fat (2.5 gms sat fat), 50 mgs Cholesterol, 600 mgs sodium, 3 gms of fiber.
Form: Hannaford, “Fresh Magazine” Sept/Oct 2013