Fire Destroys Lamoine Home 

Fire destroyed most of a home in Lamoine, Wednesday afternoon.

No one was in the home at the time.

Fire officials say the fire probably started in the basement where a kerosene heater was near a pile of clothes.

One of the owners was on the property working when the blaze broke out.

“A lot of damage to the house, the first and second floor are pretty well scorched we did save the back end of the building… made a really good stop, we got water on it pretty quickly when we got here but there was no saving what had already burned,” said Lamoine Fire Department Deputy Chief, Stu Marckoon