Two Men in Hospitals after Rotting Fish Create Poisonous Gas

Updated 11 months ago

Two men are in hospitals after getting sick from poisonous gas created by rotting fish.Rockland Assistant Fire Chief Adam Miceli, tells TV 5 the men were working on a fishing boat Friday afternoon when one man became unconscious and fell down to the storage area. Another man tried to help the man who fell, but got sick. A third man on the boat got air masks and was able to get the men to the deck. Miceli says rotting fish on the boat produced hydrogen sulfide, which is a poisonous gas. We don’t know what condition the men are in, but we do know the man who was unconscious was taken by medical helicopter to another hospital.


MENU