Updated: Cooking Accident Destroys Home In Winterport

Terry Stackhouse

Updated 1 year ago

Crews left the scene of a fire in Winterport just after 10:30 P.M. Friday. The blaze on Monroe Road was first reported at about 5:15 P.M. The two story home was fully engulfed in flames when Winterport crews arrived. Mutual aid was called in from Newburgh, Frankfort, and Monroe. Firefighters were concerned after being told there was ammunition inside. The fire was caused by a cooking accident in the kitchen. The heat and humidity also made flames difficult to battle. No injuries have been reported so far. Neighbors consider the house a total loss.


MENU