Etna Fire Department Acts Quickly at Dixmont Rd Blaze

Updated 10 months ago

Etna Fire Department working quickly to put out a fire on Dixmont road.The call came in around noon on Thursday. Newport and Carmel Fire Departments also came to the scene.Officials said the damage to the home is minimal.Etna’s Deputy Fire Chief Aaron Brown said it could have been much worse. He said, “They had just packed their camper with all their stuff and were leaving in about 3 minutes. If they would have left, what would have happened today would be a catastrophic different incident.”Firefighters say the blaze may have started because of improper disposal of a cigarette.The Fire Marshal’s office has been called to confirm that information.


MENU