There was a surprise inside a big item that was dropped off at a salvage yard in Carmel: a big, flammable surprise. The fire chief says someone dropped off a 10,000 gallon tank at Ideal Recycling. The tank was supposed to be empty, but it wasn’t. When workers started cutting it, it sparked a fire because there was still sludge in the bottom. ” My real concern is the smoke from this stuff. We are kind of secluded right now with trees around us and it’s going straight up. We’re not an immediate hazard,” explained Chief Michael Azevedo with the Carmel Fire Department. Firefighters used foam to get the fire under control and keep it contained in the tank. No one was hurt.