Garage Damaged In Winterport Fire

Terry Stackhouse

Updated 1 year ago

A two car garage caught fire in Winterport Friday. The call came in just before 9 P.M. The fire department returned from the scene on Hackett road just before 11 P.M. The building’s doors and windows were closed, but smoke and fire could be been seen escaping from them during the blaze. The fire chief believes an electrical circuit caused the fire behind the front door and quickly spread to the attic.The garage was 25-feet from the family’s home which was not damaged.They estimate the garage will cost about $10-thousand to fix.


MENU