Fire Department Acts Quickly to Extinguish Troy Brush Fire

Updated 1 year ago

Almost two acres of land went up in flames in Troy Sunday afternoon.The Troy Fire Department responded to a brush fire on Rogers Road. The Fire Chief Larry Raymond said a homeowner was mowing the lawn when they hit a rock by accident and the spark started the blaze. Raymond said, “Due to the dryness of the grass and the wind, a spark ignited. It started out as a small fire and worked its way up to the motor, where other fuels and other sources ignited and then we had a full blown brush fire.”The Chief said crews had the blaze out in about 10 minutes.Raymond says with the start of dry season, brush fires become more common.He urges Mainers to pick up any dried up leaves, grass, and twigs on their lawns help eliminate the risk.


MENU