Orono Frat House Fire 

A fire at a University of Maine fraternity house in Orono on Friday night.Authorities say the call came in around 10:30PM for a small attic fire on College Ave.The fire was put out mostly by the house’s sprinkler system.Orono, Old Town, Bangor, and Veazie fire department’s responded to the scene along with University Ambulance.They were on scene overhauling for about an hour and a half. There were no injuries, although fourteen fraternity members were displaced from their residence. Orono Fire Department and town code deemed the structure unfit for living in the fire’s aftermath. For the time being, the fraternity brothers are staying at other frat houses or with friends.Orono Fire says that they, along with the State Fire Marshal and UMPD, are still investigating the fire, but they tell us they believe a human element is involved.