Orono Home Catches Fire

Joy Hollowell

Updated 2 years ago

Fire damaged a home in Orono early Thursday morning.Crews were called to Summer Street around 12:15 a.m.We’re told the owner came home to find no power on the second and third floors of his home. He then saw smoke and flames. He got out and called 9-1-1.Fire fighters had the blaze knocked down in about 25 minutes. The home is not being called a total loss, but there is significant damage.Authorities believe the fire started in the chimney area of the second floor and are leaning toward an electrical cause at this time.Investigators will be on site later Thursday morning to make an official determination.Crews from Orono, Old Town, Veazie and Bangor helped fight the blaze. A team from UMaine was there as well, in case any medical assistance was needed.


MENU