Quick Response Saves Burning Home in Corinth 

A quick response may have saved a home in Corinth Wednesday.The fire department received a call just after noon, reporting a house fire on Garland Road.The homeowner said flames spread from a microwave to kitchen cabinets. When crews arrived, fire had reached the attic and smoke was coming out the rear of the home.Crews from Charleston, Bradford, Hudson, Glenburn, and Kenduskeag responded too and knocked the fire down quickly”We had it knocked down, probably within five minutes. It is just that it did get into the the attic and the eaves of the house so there was quite a lot of overhaul involved, pulling ceilings and walls.” said Scott Bragdon, Corinth Fire Chief. Firefighters say the home is salvageable and the family does have insurance. The Red Cross is assisting them with housing until they can return home.