Three Hurt and One Person Missing in Bath Home Explosion

Updated 1 year ago

A fire chief in Maine says three people have been hospitalized and one person is unaccounted for after an apparent home explosion. Chief Steve Hinds in Bath says the duplex was on fire when crews arrived on the scene on Bluff Road at about 5 a.m. Tuesday. Neighbors say they heard an explosion. He tells WMTW-TV, he suspects the fire was started by a propane or natural gas explosion. He says there is a quarter-mile debris field. An investigator with the state Fire Marshal’s office is on the way to the scene. No names were immediately released.


MENU