Fire Severely Damages Washington House

Updated 2 years ago

Fire caused about $50,000 worth of damage to a house in the town of Washington, according to Chief Tom Johnson with the Washington Fire Department. It happened around 6pm Saturday on Old County Road. Chief Johnson says the fire started behind a wood stove that was too close to combustibles. We’re told there were no smoke detectors in the house. A man inside at the time of the fire was able to get out safely. Johnson says any resident of town who needs a smoke detector can get one for free at the town office.


MENU