Barn Catches Fire in Etna 

A heating lamp is being blamed for a barn fire in Etna early Wednesday morning.Crews were called to Bardon Hill Road just after 4 a.m.Etna Deputy Fire Chief Aaron Brown says a passerby noticed smoke and flames coming from the back of the barn. He called for help and also starting honking his horn and yelling to alert the homeowners.We’re told the house was about 30-to-40 feet from the barn.When fire fighters arrived on scene, they saw a small amount of smoke and flames coming from the back of the building.There were more than a dozen chickens inside the barn at the time. It’s believed they all got out safely.Deputy Chief Brown says crews worked fast to contain the fire and damage was contained to half of the back wall of the barn and a couple of beams.The barn is described as a 30 X 40 foot building.