Madison Home Catches Fire

Joy Hollowell

Updated 1 year ago

A pet cat and dog died in a house fire in Madison Monday night.Crews from Madison and Anson arrived at the Main Street residence around 5:45 p.m.Madison Fire Chief Roger Lightbody says Jenny Moralis arrived home from her son’s basketball game to find her kitchen on fire.By the time fire fighters arrived, the flames had spread to the rest of the home.Moralis was the only one home at the time and she was able to get out safely.Crews were able to knock the fire down quickly, but the house is considered a total loss.The Red Cross has been called in to help the family of six.We’re told the Moralis’ have insurance.The Fire Marshal’s office has been called in to determine a cause.


MENU