House Fire in Corinth

Wayne Harvey

Updated 2 years ago

Fire crews were called out for a report of a house fire in Corinth Wednesday morning.It was initially reported a little after 4 a.m. as a chimney fire on the Exeter road.All four people inside the house made it out safely because they were woken up by the smoke detectors.Crews reportedly saw flames coming from the attic area when they arrived.According to fire fighters, the home is expected to be a total loss.Seven departments responded.Corinth Fire Chief Scott Bragdon says the frigid weather made it tough to fight the flames. “Just the extremely cold, cold temperatures. Our air packs are freezing up, all of our water lines are obviously freezing, just stuff breaking. It’s just miserable, miserable conditions to be fighting a fire in.”The people displaced by the fire will be staying with relatives.


MENU