Home Damaged By Fire

Joy Hollowell

Updated 2 years ago

Authorities say an ash box that hadn’t been cleaned out caused a house fire in Millinocket Sunday.Crews were called to Aroostook Avenue around 9 a.m.The homeowner, Thomas Jameson called in the blaze.He made it out safely, but two dogs and two cats had to be rescued from the blaze.Authorities say Jameson was later taken to the hospital to be checked out.Crews had the flames knocked down quickly, however, the fire damaged the cellar and living room of the home.Firefighters say an ash box under the wood stove overflowed with embers, and that’s what sparked the blaze.We’re told the owner is now staying at a hotel.


MENU