Millinocket Fire Caused By Electric Heating Unit

Terry Stackhouse

Updated 1 year ago

The Millinocket Fire Department responded to a 2-unit apartment fire on Katahdin Avenue on Wednesday afternoon. The call came in around 2:30 PM. The fire department says they arrived about 5 minutes later.Officials tell us an electronic heater was left too close to a mattress and bed-sread.That ignited the blaze which destroyed one of the units.The other unit only had smoke damage. Three cats were rescued from the building.There were no injuries.


MENU