Investigators Warn Homeowners with Wood Stoves, in Light of Recent Tragedy

Updated 2 years ago

Investigators are reminding homeowners to never to use flammable liquid to start a wood stove. This following a fire on Civic Center Drive in Augusta that injured two people Saturday.Augusta fire officials say 38 year-old Michael O’Leary was taken by helicopter to Maine Medical Center in Portland after suffering serious burns.We’re told he’s in critical condition.They say he was starting a fire in a wood stove with a flammable liquid.His wife, 36 year-old Amanda O’Leary, was taken to Maine General in Augusta for smoke inhalation and was released. The family dog died in the fire.


MENU