Fire in Augusta Sends Two People to the Hospital

Updated 1 year ago

A fire in Augusta sent two people to the hospital Saturday morning.The Augusta Fire Department said a 38-year-old man was taken to Maine Medical Cneter by LifeFlight helicopter after suffering burn injuries at his home. Officials said the 38-year-old man was attempting to light a wood stove with a flammable liquid inside a home on Civic Center Drive just after 10 a.m. State Fire Marshal, Joe Thomas said only paper and kindling should be used to start a wood stove.O’Leary’s Wife, 36-year-old Amanda O’Leary was taken to Maine General for smoke inhalation and was later been released.Battalion Chief of the Augusta Fire Department, David Groder said the home is still standing.”It was a quick knock down. We were able to get right to it and hopefully save most of their residence so they can go back into it after some repairs.”Four other fire departments were called in to assist at the scene.


MENU