Husband and Wife Injured in Mobile Home Fire

Updated 1 year ago

A leaking propane tank led to a mobile home fire in Liberty on Wednesday. Sgt. Ken Grimes with the Maine State Fire Marshal’s Office says the homeowner realized there was a leak and turned off the furnace, but went to light another heater, causing the leaked propane to ignite. The fire on McLain Road happened around 3:30 Wednesday afternoon. The home was destroyed. The owner, Ralph Woodbury, 59, is in a hospital with serious burns to his hands and head, according to Grimes. Woodbury’s wife, Paula, has minor burns.


MENU