Triple Murder Suspect Answers to Charges in Court

Joy Hollowell

Updated 1 year ago

One of two men charged in connection with a triple homicide in Bangor last August, answered to the charges filed again him Monday morning.The indictment against 31-year-old Nicholas Sexton lists four charges- three counts of murder and one count of arson.Sexton appeared in a Penobscot County Superior Courtroom in handcuffs and leg shackles.Sexton originally fought extradition to Maine when he arrested in Brockton, Massachusetts on October 4th.He later waived that right and arrived with Bangor police detectives Thursday night.Sexton pleaded not guilty Monday morning to murdering Daniel Borders, Nicolle Lugdon, and Lucas Tuscano.According to police, the three were shot to death. Their bodies were found in a burning car August 13th in a Bangor business parking lot.Some family members of the victims were in the courtroom Monday.They chose not to speak to the media.Jeffrey Toothaker and David Bate have been appointed by the state to represent Sexton. In court Monday, they waived their client’s right to a speedy bail hearing stating they do not believe Sexton has the ability to make bail.”We’re going to have a status conference in about 60 days to discuss whatever issues are outstanding with the judge and see if we can’t keep this case on track for a trial date that will be determined at that time,” said Bate after the arraignment.Last month, 34-year-old Randall “Money” Daluz pleaded not guilty to the same charges in a Bangor courtroom.Daluz was arrested in Massachusetts in October.Attorneys for both men say they will fight any efforts by the state to try the two suspects together.Sergeant Paul Kenison, a detective with the Bangor police department, says both men are the only ones being charged in this case.”This case has been, I mean it’s obviously been very complicated,” says Sgt. Kenison. “It’s been worked on by us and a lot of agencies that assisted us. And as it goes through the steps, it’s, this is certainly a major, a major step in the process to have both suspects in custody and back in Maine.”


MENU