Cooking Fire Quickly Extinguished in Old Town

Joy Hollowell

Updated 2 years ago

Authorities say a man cooking inside his mobile home in Old Town Sunday night fell asleep. The next thing he knew, a smoke alarm was alerting him to get out.The call from College Avenue came in around 7:30 p.m.We’re told the owner set something on the stove, then sat down. He fell asleep but was awakened by his smoke detectors going off. He got out of the home safely.Crews had the flames out in about 15 minutes. Lt. Mike Hildreth with the Old Town Fire Department says there is substantial damage to the kitchen area of the home, but it is repairable.


MENU