UPDATE: Electrical Problem Sparks Early Morning Fire in Hermon

Catherine Pegram

Updated 1 year ago

The Fire Marshal’s Office says an electrical problem accidentally sparked a business fire in Hermon. The fire started around 6:30 a.m. Friday at R. A. Reynolds and Son Auto shop on Fuller road. We’re told the owners of the business tried to put out the flames until firefighters got there. Firefighter Grant Hines says, “The biggest issue with this fire was just finding where it started. When we got here the business owners pointed out that they believed it was in the area of the furnace. They had pulled the ceiling down and put some water on it. And we further pulled down more ceiling but initially it was hard because we couldn’t tell exactly what we had, where it was and that’s why we called the second alarm.”We’re told the fire started in the attic of the building.


MENU